What do I do with all these synths?
Here are 4 tracks I created and perform at various shows. Notice the various sounds that the synthesizers make. All of these compositions and cover songs utilize digital, analog and hybrid synthesizers. The compositions also use many of the DIY sythesizers found here.
Love on a Real Train (Tangerine Dream Cover)
Pipeline (Alan Parsons Cover)
Social media sites for additional music and stuff.
My Current Synthesizer Studio and Stage Box Setups
Main Studio Racks:
The main rack in my studio houses the synths I use for developing melodies, sequences and compositions. I can also patch the synths from my performance box into this rack, if I want to use some of the synths from there, or any other synths. The links below are to either reviews or to other pages in this site. I don’t really endorse anyone’s products, and any links reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. If you are intending on getting into synths, you need to develop your own sound, likes, dislikes, workflow, etc. Don’t let anyone else tell you anything you do is right or wrong.
- Yamaha DX7II FD
- Prophet Rev 2, 16 voice analog desktop
- Prophet 12, 12 voice hybrid desktop
- Alesys SR18 Percussion Synth.
- Ambika 4P
- Deckard’s Dream #1 with Expander module
- Jasper Wasp
- Klee sequencer
- Quadratic (linear), 16 step Sequencer.
- Tangerine Dream MOTM Analog Modular
- LinnStrument 128 MPE controller
- Novation SL61 MKIII Keyboard Controller
- MacMini 16Gig, running Ableton 9 live
- 2- UM-One Midi cable
- 10 port USB 3.0 hub
- Kenton 1 to 25 Midi hub
- 2- Kenton CV to MIDI pro
- Kenton MIDI 2 CV Pro Solo MK3
- 2 – CVPal (USB to MIDI) boxes
- 2- MIDIPAL (MIDI to CV) boxes
- Soundcraft Ui24r Digital Mixer and 24ch recorder.
- Plus most of the stuff in the projects section
Main Stage Performance Box (The Fridge):
- Roland Integra7 sound module
- Deckard’s Dream #2
- Ambika SMR4
- AudioThngies MicroMonsta
- LinStrument 128 MPE Controller
- Novation Launchpad Pro
- Toraiz Squid Sequencer
- Akai MPC One
- Mac Air, running ableton 9 live
- MIDI Solutions 2 input to 2 output merger box
- MIDI Through 1:5 box
- Behringer Ultra Curve Pro
- Behringer FX2000 Effects Processor
- Behringer UltraPatch Pro
- Mackie FX12 Pro2 Analog Mixer
Note: I DO NOT endorse or recommend any commercial products listed on this site. Links are supplied to provide information for functionality, features, specs, etc. I leave it to the reader to augment their information before deciding on which piece of equipment to buy.